- To make the perfect crispy potato means choosing the right potato. Although it’s very common and easy to find, russet potatoes are too dry and chalky for a good crispy potato. Russet potatoes are great for potato wedges, mashed potatoes, or even French fries. But these potatoes are a bit larger and thicker, so we suggest using baby potatoes (a combination of Yukon Gold and Red potatoes).
- Chopping your potatoes into similar-sized pieces is the next important step. It will ensure even cooking. Aim for 1-2 inch chunks throughout your potato bunch.
- Dried herbs work best with oven roasting/air frying potatoes. High temperatures cause fresh garlic to burn faster, so using dried garlic/onions/thyme infuses the same flavor without compromising the cook time of your potatoes.
- We used Fischer & Wieser’s Smokehouse Bacon Chipotle Sauce. Adding it to your potatoes ½ way through baking/frying ensures that your potatoes have a lot of fresh flavor without burning. It allows for the perfect crispy texture and a fresh flavor in every bite. The sauce is also great for an extra added dip on the side.
- Potatoes are so much more than a dinner side dish. You can use these potatoes in a breakfast taco, burrito, or a casserole.
- Air Fryers to all of the job in ½ of the time. Don’t have an air fryer? It’s not a problem! To oven roast these potatoes, bake at 425 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. Check halfway, and toss in Chipotle sauce, place back in oven to finish baking.
- You can use this recipe for crispy carrot fries, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, or cauliflower.
2-3 lb baby potatoes
½ cup Fischer & Wieser Smokehouse Bacon Chipotle Sauce
1 ½ tps thyme
1 ½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt & pepper
½ tsp cayenne
½ tsp smoked paprika¼ cup neutral oil (avocado/vegetable/canola)
- Dice baby potatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, toss oil, seasonings and potatoes together.
- Turn the air fryer on to 400 degrees. Cook for 10 minutes, remove and mix potatoes. Toss potatoes in chipotle sauce. Place back into the air fryer for 8-10 more minutes, checking halfway through.
- Top with fresh herbs and serve with cooked fish, chicken, steak, or any protein.