● 1 lb rigatoni pasta
● Mom’s Organic Traditional Pasta Sauce
● ½ cup grated fontina
● ¾ cup fresh ricotta cheese
● 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese
● ½ cup + 2 tbsp shaved parmesan cheese, divided
● 1 tsp salt & pepper
● 1 cup roma tomatoes, halved
● 1 tsp basil leaves seasoning
● ½ tsp oregano
● 1 tsp salt
● 1 tsp pepper
● ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a medium pot, bring 4-5 quarts of water to a bowl, add 1 tbsp salt to the water. Pour in pasta and boil until al dente (8-10 minutes)
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, salt, pepper, basil leaves, oregano, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes together. Set aside.
- Heat pasta sauce in a medium pot over low heat, pour cooked pasta and halved roma tomatoes into sauce and mix well.
- In an oven-safe casserole dish coat the bottom of the dish with ⅓ cup pasta sauce. Pour ⅓ of pasta mix into dish. Add dollops of mozzarella and ricotta cheese in dish.
- Pour another ⅓ of pasta into dish. Sprinkle with ¼ of fontina cheese, dollops of mozzarella and ricotta cheese.
- Pour the remaining pasta into the dish. Top off the pasta with remaining cheeses, adding the parmesan cheese last.
- Bake for 37-40 minutes. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into. Top off with fresh basil, parmesan, or green onions.