● 3 medium zucchini*
● 1 tsp salt (for zucchini)
● 1 lb ground beef
● ¼ cup bread crumbs
● 1 egg
● 2 tsp onion powder
● 1 tsp garlic powder
● 1 tsp salt & pepper
● Mom’s Garlic & Basil Pasta Sauce
- Spiralize zucchini using spiralizer until at the core of the zucchini. Discard remains.
- Place zucchini noodles into a colander over the sink. Sprinkle with 1 tsp sea salt and toss. Let sit for 15 minutes to drain. Gentle squeeze the zoodles over the sink to release any excess water. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini spirals and stir fry for 3 minutes until al dente. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix ground beef, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and eggs together in a bowl. Shape into bite-sized meatballs. Place on a nonstick pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs until slightly brown all around.
- Pour Pasta Sauce over meatballs, and let simmer until sauce is slightly thickened (3-4 minutes).
- Toss zucchini spirals in pasta sauce. Top with parmesan or basil leaves.
*If using pre-made zucchini spirals, skip to step 2.