So easy to make with a rich smokey flavor you will fall in love with. Want to make it a meal? Add sliced kielbasa or hot dogs when cooking the bacon and onions.
Cook time: Prep 15 minutes + 30 minutes oven
- 6 strips bacon sliced in small pieces
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup molasses
- ½ cup Fischer and Wieser Sweet, Sour, and Smokey Mustard Dip
- 3 -15 oz. cans navy beans or beans of choice well drained
- 1-2 tablespoon brown sugar or to taste
In a large frying pan on medium heat, cook bacon with onion until bacon is crisp. If bacon is lean 1 tablespoon of oil can be added. Turn heat to low. Add molasses and Fischer and Wieser Sweet, Sour, and Smokey Mustard Dip. Mix well and heat through for 5 minutes. Add beans and mix well. Spoon into 8×8 baking pan and sprinkle brown sugar on top brown. Bake in oven 20-30 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove and cool slightly before serving.