Perfect for a cool fall evening dinner with family and friends. Want more heat, just add a can of green chiles to spice things up.
Prep time 10 minutes plus slow cooking
- 2 lbs. skinless bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 16 oz. package Pictsweet Farms 3 color Pepper and Onion Strips
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1- 14.5 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1-9.9 oz jar Fischer and Wieser Southwest Dip
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans well drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Optional: 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles drained
Optional toppings: cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and cilantro.
In slow cooker combine chicken, onion, peppers, diced tomatoes, Fischer and Wieser Southwest Dip and tomato sauce. Cook covered, until chicken is cooked through on low 7-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Remove chicken and discard bones. Shred meat and return to slow cooker. Add black beans and corn. Cook on high in slow cooker for 30 minutes. Top with cheese, sour cream, crushed tortilla chips or cilantro.