Our Brat Haus Beer Mustard Dip takes Au Gratin potatoes to a whole new level of comfort food. With a slight tang of mustard and creamy white cheddar it makes a perfect side for glazed ham or pot roast.
Prep time: 15 minutes plus 30-40 baking time
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Fischer and Wieser Fredericksburg Brat Haus Beer Mustard Dip
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese plus ½ cup for topping
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Additional pepper, optional
Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Turn heat up to medium add chopped onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in Fischer and Wieser Fredericksburg Brat Haus Beer Mustard dip, bacon, and cheese until melted. Add potatoes and gently mix until coated. Top with remaining cheese.
Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Uncovered bake 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. If desired, top with additional pepper.